GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (NEWS3) — After the company was unable to find a buyer, Shopko announced Monday that it will liquidate and close its remaining stores.
According to the company, the liquidation process at the remaining stores will conclude in 10-12 weeks.
“This is not the outcome that we had hoped for when we started our restructuring efforts,” Chief Executive Officer Russ Steinhorst said in a press release. “We want to thank all of our teammates for their hard work and dedication during their time at Shopko.”
In January, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and in February, the company announced it would be closing 139 stores.
Five locations in western Illinois and eastern Iowa will close including the Monmouth, Burlington, Fort Madison, Quincy and Jacksonville locations.
The following is a list of local store closures:
- Monmouth: 1190 N. 6th St. | Expected to close May 5, 2019
- Burlington: 313 N. Roosevelt Ave. | Expected to close April 14, 2019
- Fort Madison: 4810 Avenue “O” | Expected to close April 14, 2019
- Quincy: 3200 Broadway St. | Specific date of closure unknown
- Jacksonville: 1964 W. Morton Ave. | Specific date of closure unknown