MACOMB, Ill. (NEWS3) — Western Illinois University’s Women in Business organization will host its first conference supporting diversity and women in the workforce.
The mission of the Midwest Women in Business conference is to promote equality among working women and help them achieve success in their careers.
The event will take place on March 21 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in WIU’s University Union. It will include a keynote speech by Illinois Sen. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, and presentations from a variety of other women in business:
- Becky Paulsen: WIU’s director of development for corporate relations
- Denise Tallcott: Sales executive for the Staradio Corporation and president of “Advocacy”, a network for children
- Becky Doyle: The first woman director of agriculture for Illinois
- Monique Bennett: CEO of multiple businesses, a salon owner, motivational speaker and author of “Change Your Thinking Change Your Outcome.”
- Shelby Crow: University of Illinois Extension director, overseeing Adams, Brown, Hancock, Pike and Schuyler counties
- Rocio Ayard Ochoa: Serves as the WIU Multicultural Center director
- Haley Freenan: Credit Analyst for MidAmerica National Bank
- Rumasia Rahman Khawaja: Creator of “Real Talk with Ru,” a podcast on “igniting personal and professional flames.”
The cost for attending is $25 per person, and the dress code is business casual. Lunch will be provided for all attendees. To register for the conference online, follow this link. For more information, contact Kinsey Tiemann at firstname.lastname@example.org.