MACOMB, Ill. (NEWS3)– Western Illinois University announced the campus food pantry will remain open to the public during the coronavirus pandemic.
Organizers are taking measures to ensure the cleanliness and safety of its facility.
Normal hours of operation have been suspended, but new hours will be announced on a weekly basis. They will be posted on the pantry’s Facebook and Instagram pages. During distribution days, measures include:
- Volunteers will provide hand sanitizer to all patrons
- Only one patron at a time will be able to shop in the pantry until further notice
- All other patrons must wait outside and practice social distancing
- Based on need and availability, limits may be placed on certain pantry items
- All patrons are encouraged to wash their hands prior to visiting the pantry
The WIU Food Pantry is located in the former ticket booth near Q-Lot, adjoining Hanson Field.
Food is available to students, faculty and staff with a valid WIU ID. No proof of income is needed in order to receive food items.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Casey Hendrickson at CV-Hendrickson@wiu.edu or Emily Shupe at ER-Shupe@wiu.edu.