MACOMB Ill., (NEWS3) — A handful of local businesses are deciding to close their doors to keep people safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
One of the latest businesses to temporarily close is Rialto Cinemas. This response is to protect the health and well-being of the community and practice social distancing
Vice President Jake McSparin posted a statement on Facebook, thanking staff and customers for supporting the business through this time and saying they are looking forward to reopening their doors.
“I want to thank all our loyal and supportive customers and my incredible staff .” McSparin said. “I do not know how long this closure will last, but I look forward to inviting the community back to your local family-owned theater in the future.”
McSparin said that Rialto Cinemas is practicing the same guidelines set by the federal health authorities such as staying home if you feel ill, especially for the elderly and to avoid all public spaces.
Other local businesses making changes during the fallout of the pandemic include:
- The Macomb Arts Center Gallery is closed until April 4.
- All Pets Veterinary Clinic asks for one person in the lobby at a time.
- McDonough County Animal Shelter is closed to the public until further notice.
- The WIU Student Recreation Center is closed until further notice.
- Haymakers in Macomb will close at 8 p.m. every day.
- Macomb Audiology is closed to all scheduled appointments until further notice.
- The annual Macomb Area Crime Stoppers Lasagna Dinner and Auction is postponed.
- The Computer Source in Macomb reduced their hours from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hy-Vee in Macomb changed its hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hy-Vee customers are no longer allowed to bring in reusable bags until further notice.
- S&G Taxi Service is out of service until at least April 3.
- Nostalgia On the Square is closed until at least March 31.
- Farmers & Merchants State Bank of Bushnell is closed to walk-in visitors.
- The Bushnell Municipal Utility front office is closed until further notice. The Bushnell Recreational and Cultural Center suspended all rentals until April 6.
- Macomb Public Library is closed until further notice. It has extended all currently checked out library materials’ due dates to April 6.
- Spoon River College Community Outreach Center is closed to the public until April 12.
- Western Illinois University canceled in-person classes and commencement ceremonies.
- Loaves & Fishes is closed indefinitely.
- Walmart in Macomb is open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. until further notice. The Auto Care Center is temporarily closed.
NEWS3 compiled a list of restaurants offering pick-up and delivery in the area. Click here to see the list.