RUSHVILLE, Ill. (NEWS3) — A local hospital is offering coronavirus testing for people who feel they have symptoms related to the deadly disease.
Staff at Culbertson Memorial Hospital in Rushville said they offer COVID-19 testing at their facilities.
Officials said in order to be seen, the first step is to call the hospital before showing up. The patient will be asked the following questions:
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled to China, any other country, or a community in the United States where the coronavirus is spreading?
- Have you had close contact with anyone diagnosed with known coronavirus infection or who is under evaluation for possible exposure? (Close contact means having been within six feet of that person for an extended time or being exposed to their cough or sneeze.)
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, a cough (or other cold or flu-like symptoms), difficulty breathing or shortness of breath?
- First, an influenza test will be performed. This test will have results in approximately 20 minutes.
- Second, if influenza is negative, a COVID-19 test authorization will be requested from Schuyler County Health Department (SCHD)/Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to receive authorization to administer a COVID-19 test. Results from this test can take up to four days.
- Third, if a test is requested and not authorized by SCHD/IDPH, the patient will be financially responsible for the testing (some insurances may pay for the test).
Culbertson Memorial Hospital officials said patients must call ahead of a visit if feeling ill and must be prepared to answer the screening questions above on the phone.
Hospital staff said after a visit to Culbertson clinics or the emergency department, a patient’s healthcare provider will direct them to self-quarantine and the Schuyler Co. Health Department will be in contact over the 14-day quarantine period and will communicate test results when they are received.
Wednesday, hospital staff announced all health screenings will be handled outside of each entrance inside of tents before entry into the hospital. This move is to protect and prepare staff and patients if someone has cold-like symptoms or is immuno-compromised. Last week, officials announced safety measures and restrictions to combat the spread of the virus at their facilities.
IDPH reports no confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Schuyler County.
The phone number to call Culbertson Memorial Hospital is 217-322-5281.