MACOMB, Ill. (NEWS3) — The Western Illinois Regional Council and Community Action Agency will continue to provide many of their services in a different form during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The organization has taken measures to ensure the safety of their clients while still offering services. The WIRC-CAA’s front lobby is closed to the public, but employees are available to answer questions on the phone or through email. Below are updates to WIRC’s services:
- Clothing Center – Closed until further notice; clothing donations cannot be accepted. For questions or more information about the center, call (309) 837-2997.
- Community Development -For questions or information, call (309) 837-3941 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Food Pantry – Curbside pickup only; clients should call (309) 837-2997 upon arrival. CAA staff will bring the food items out to a table that is located just outside of the main entrance. Clients must stay in their vehicle or keep a distance of 6 feet away from the table. The pantry is located at 223 S. Randolph St. and is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program – Applicants should mail necessary materials. Instead of meeting face-to-face, WIRC-CAA staff will contact applicants via phone. The program deadline has been extended to June 30, 2020. Those who have not applied for the program since October 1, 2019 should call (309)-837-2997 to apply for energy assistance.
- Regional Recycling Center – Closed until further notice.
- Victim Services – Counseling services will be conducted on the phone. Advocates and counselors will continue to assist survivors with filing Orders of Protection, Civil No Contact Orders, hospital advocacy, emergency shelter, and/or creating safety plans on a case-by-case basis. Anyone in crisis who needs to speak with a counselor immediately is asked to call the 24/7 free and confidential crisis hotline at (309) 837-5555.