MACOMB, Ill (NEWS3) – Western Illinois University students are learning online for the remainder of the semester due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but there is still a place on campus open to help students in a time of need.
The WIU food pantry will continue to operate during the spring semester with their new hours.
The food pantry will be open every Tuesday from 4 to 6 p.m. During distribution, measures include:
- Volunteers will provide hand sanitizer to all patrons
- Only one patron at a time will be able to shop in the pantry until further notice
- All other patrons must wait outside and practice social distancing
- Based on need and availability, limits may be placed on certain pantry items
- All patrons are encouraged to wash their hands prior to visiting the pantry
Food is available to students, faculty and staff with a valid WIU ID. No proof of income is needed in order to receive food items.
The WIU Food Pantry is located in the former ticket booth near Q-Lot, adjoining Hanson Field.
If you need to obtain food outside the operating hours contact Casey Hendrickson at CV-Hendrickson@wiu.edu.