KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Knox County is now reporting its fifth case of coronavirus.
The Knox County Health Department said a woman in her 20s tested positive for the virus. Officials would not release any other information.
This latest case comes just hours after Knox County announced its fourth case of a man in his 50s. That person is an inmate at Hill Correctional Center in Knox County.
“The Knox County Unified Command reiterates that residents are encouraged to be vigilant and
continue to take protective measures to prevent the spread of illness within the community,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said. “Everyone has a vital role to play in staying healthy and keeping others healthy.”
Officials said they are investigating to identify any close contact with the latest case.
So far, Knox County has reported three inmates at the local prison and two residents in the community that have tested positive for the disease.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 3 positive, 69 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 16 negative, 2 pending
- Hancock County: 3 positive, 43 negative, 13 pending
- Warren County: 3 positive, 15 negative, 0 pending
- Fulton County: 1 positive, 50 negative, 2 pending
- Knox County: 5 positive, 122 negative, 30 pending
- Adams County: 30 positive, 376 negative, 63 pending
The state has 27,575 coronavirus cases, including 1,134 deaths, in 92 counties as of Friday.