WARREN CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Warren County is now reporting two more confirmed cases of coronavirus.
The Warren County Health Department announced two new positive COVID-19 cases. The third case is a woman between the ages of 20 to 40 and the fourth is a woman who is 40 to 60 years old.
This news comes a day after officials reported they’re currently investigating Smithfield Foods in Monmouth in connection with three positive cases of employees at the plant. One of the workers is a Warren County resident and the other two live in Rock Island County.
NEWS3 reached out to the Warren County Health Department to confirm if the third case is linked to the resident who works at Smithfield and to ask where the patients are recovering, but have not heard back from officials.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 3 positive, 69 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 16 negative, 2 pending
- Hancock County: 3 positive, 43 negative, 13 pending
- Warren County: 4 positive, 15 negative, 0 pending
- Fulton County: 1 positive, 55 negative, 0 pending
- Knox County: 5 positive, 122 negative, 30 pending
- Adams County: 30 positive, 376 negative, 63 pending
The state has 29,160 coronavirus cases, including 1,259 deaths, in 93 counties as of Saturday.