KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Knox County is now reporting two additional cases of coronavirus.
The Knox County Health Department said its seventh case is a man in his 5os and the eighth case is a man in his 30s. Officials would not release any other information due to federal privacy restrictions.
This news comes one day after Knox County reported its sixth confirmed COVID-19 case of a woman in her 60s. The fifth confirmed case, a woman in her 20s, was announced Friday.
“The Knox County Unified Command reiterates that residents are encouraged to be vigilant and
continue to take protective measures to prevent the spread of illness within the community,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said. “Everyone has a vital role to play in staying healthy and keeping others healthy.”
Knox County’s current positive COVID-19 tests have come from three inmates at Hill Correctional Center in Galesburg and five residents in the community.
Officials said they are investigating to identify any close contact with the latest cases.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 3 positive, 69 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 16 negative, 2 pending
- Hancock County: 4 positive, 43 negative, 13 pending
- Warren County: 14 positive, unknown negative and pending
- Fulton County: 1 positive, 57 negative, 0 pending
- Knox County: 8 positive, 149 negative, 11 pending
- Adams County: 30 positive, 490 negative, 107 pending
The state has 30,357 coronavirus cases, including 1,290 deaths, in 93 counties as of Sunday.