WARREN CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — One west-central Illinois county saw its highest jump in COVID-19 cases in a day Sunday.
Warren County Health Department reported 10 new confirmed coronavirus cases. This brings the county up to 14 total cases. The new cases include:
- A woman between the ages of 20 t0 40
- A woman between the ages of 40 to 60
- Two women between the ages of 60 to 80
- Three men between the ages of 20 to 40
- Two men between the ages of 40 to 60
- One man between the ages of 60 to 80.
This news comes two days after officials reported they’re currently investigating Smithfield Foods in Monmouth in connection with three positive cases of employees at the plant. One of the workers is a Warren County resident and the other two live in Rock Island County.
Warren County Health Department has not released information on if any of these new cases are linked to the pork producing company.
Health officials said they are working to investigate and monitor who was in contact with those who have the virus.
Latest COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 3 positive, 69 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 16 negative, 2 pending
- Hancock County: 4 positive, 43 negative, 13 pending
- Warren County: 14 positive, unknown negative and pending
- Fulton County: 1 positive, 57 negative, 0 pending
- Knox County: 8 positive, 149 negative, 11 pending
- Adams County: 30 positive, 490 negative, 107 pending
The state has 30,357 coronavirus cases, including 1,290 deaths, in 93 counties as of Sunday.