FULTON CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Fulton County is now reporting a second case of coronavirus.
Fulton County Health Department said the patient is in isolation at their home and officials are conducting contact tracing in order to identify any close contacts of the second case. Staff did not release the age or gender of the resident.
“We have been expecting to have more cases and know that the health and safety of our residents is our highest priority,” Fulton County Health Department Administrator Katie Lynn said. “Residents need to continue to practice social distancing, stay at home as much as possible and wear a cloth face covering when out in public.”
This case comes two weeks after the county reported its first case April 10. Five days after that announcement, the Fulton County Health Department said the patient had recovered from the virus. Officials said a recovery is when someone with a fever goes without fever-reducing medications for three days, shows improvement of symptoms and at least seven days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
So far, Fulton County has had 69 negative and six pending coronavirus tests. Officials have said more than 400 different items of personal protective equipment have been delivered to various emergency response agencies and long-term care and home healthcare agencies in Fulton County.
Health staff said COVID-19 testing is not limited just to those who show symptoms, they said healthcare workers, correction officers, first responders and business employees at restaurants, factories and childcare centers can be tested as well at the following locations:
- Heartland Health Services – 2321 N Wisconsin Ave., Peoria, IL 61604 (Hours of operation – Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Peoria City/County Health Department -2116 N Sheridan Road, Peoria, IL 61604 (Hours of operation – Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Peoria Park District, John H. Gwynn Park – Located at Faucet Field Peoria, Il 61605 (Hours of operation – Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Starts April 27)
A list of testing sites in Illinois can also be found online here.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 5 positive, 107 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 40 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 4 positive, 69 negative, 11 pending
- Warren County: 38 positive, 56 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 2 positive, 69 negative, 6 pending
- Knox County: 21 positive, 188 negative, 63 pending
- Adams County: 32 positive, 781 negative, 61 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 39,658 total coronavirus cases Friday and 1,795 deaths. The state saw 2,724 new cases and 108 additional deaths Friday.
Public health staff said the public is encouraged to stay home except when leaving for essential services. When out in public, everyone is encouraged to wear a cloth face covering and continue to practice social distancing. For the latest information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, you can go to the CDC’s website at cdc.gov or the IDPH’s website at dph.illinois.gov.