WARREN CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Coronavirus cases continue to grow in Warren County.
Warren County Health Department is now reporting seven new confirmed cases of COVID-19. The new cases include:
- 2 females between the ages of 20-40
- 1 female between the ages of 40-60
- 1 female between the ages of 60-80
- 2 males between the ages of 20-40
- 1 male between the ages of 40-60
This news comes one day after the county reported six cases and two days after officials reported 13 new cases. The total amount of positive cases in Warren County is now 45. Staff said there is currently 69 negative tests.
Warren County Health Department has not said if any of the recent cases are connected to an outbreak at Smithfield Foods in Monmouth. The pork-producing company announced Friday it will suspend all operations until further notice. Officials said on April 17, three employees at the plant tested positive for the virus. Two of those workers live in Rock Island County and the other is a Warren County resident.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 5 positive, 107 negative, 12 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 40 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 4 positive, 74 negative, 7 pending
- Warren County: 45 positive, 69 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 2 positive, 82 negative, 6 pending
- Knox County: 30 positive, 236 negative, 63 pending
- Adams County: 33 positive, 880 negative, 37 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 41,777 total coronavirus cases Saturday and 1,874 deaths. The state saw 2,119 new cases and 80 additional deaths Saturday.