KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Knox County is reporting an additional case of coronavirus.
The Knox County Health Department said the new case is a male in his teens. Officials would not release any other information due to federal privacy restrictions.
“The Knox County Unified Command reiterates that residents are encouraged to be vigilant and
continue to take protective measures to prevent the spread of illness within the community,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said. “Everyone has a vital role to play in staying healthy and keeping others healthy.”
This case comes one day after the county reported five cases of COVID-19, which included a man in his 80s, a man in his 70s, two men in their 50s and a woman in her 40s.
Knox County currently has 38 positive coronavirus cases. The county’s current positive COVID-19 tests have come from seven inmates and two staff members at Hill Correctional Center in Galesburg and 29 residents in the community.
Officials said they are investigating to identify any close contact with the latest cases.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 7 positive, 131 negative, 2 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive, 40 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 5 positive, 85 negative, 1 pending
- Warren County: 52 positive, 84 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive, 92 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 38 positive, 287 negative, 52 pending
- Adams County: 34 positive, 952 negative, 47 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 45,883 total coronavirus cases Monday and 1,983 deaths. The state saw 1,980 new cases and 50 additional deaths Monday.