KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Knox County is reporting additional confirmed cases of coronavirus.
The Knox County Health Department said the four new COVID-19 cases include a man in his 30s, a woman in her 20s and two men in their 50s. Officials would not release any other information due to federal privacy restrictions.
“We strongly encourages all residents to follow recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), including wearing cloth face covers when in public, social distancing, and abiding by the Stay at Home Order issued by the Governor for the health and safety of the entire community,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said.
Knox County’s current positive COVID-19 tests have come from seven inmates and two staff members at Hill Correctional Center in Galesburg and 33 residents in the community.
“By disregarding recommendations, community members are putting the most vulnerable at risk of disease,” Gabriel said. “Cloth face coverings, when properly worn, are an important control to keep asymptomatic individuals from spreading the virus inadvertently to others (community spread).”
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 14 positive (3 recovered), 162 negative, 35 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 62 negative, 3 pending
- Hancock County: 5 positive, 85 negative, 21 pending
- Warren County: 57 positive, 100 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 98 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 42 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive, 1,065 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 50,355 total coronavirus cases Wednesday and 2,215 deaths. The state saw 2,253 new cases and 92 additional deaths Wednesday.
The Knox Community Health Center has launched a curbside COVID-19 testing site in Galesburg. For more information on scheduling an appointment, click here.