GALESBURG, Ill. (NEWS3) – After Gov. J.B. Pritzker modified Illinois’ stay-at-home order, a local golf course is reopening, but with some new rules.
The Bunker Links Municipal Golf Course in Galesburg opened Friday. The following safety precautions and restrictions will be in place:
- Require telephone bookings for all players.
- You will play in singles or twosomes only.
- The driving range and the putting green will be closed.
- Walking only, except individuals with a physical disability or physical limitations that prevent you from walking the course. Private Carts will not be allowed. If a Private Cart owner has a disability or limitation, you will be allowed to use one of our golf carts.
- Flagsticks cannot be removed.
- Men’s and women’s bathrooms will be open in the clubhouse. Bathrooms on the golf course will be closed.
The clubhouse will be closed but we will allow one person in at a time to purchase golf or food & beverage to go.
- No leagues, golf outings or golf tournaments during the month of May.
- Credit card only, no cash will be accepted. You will not be required to sign your credit card slip.
- Pull carts will not be available. You may bring your own
- Each player will be allowed to make:
- ONE TEE TIME PER DAY.
- 24-hour cancellation policy.
- If you do not cancel your tee time 24 hours in advance or you do not show up for your tee time, you will not be able to make a tee time for the rest of the month.
- You may make a tee time up to three days in advance
- Starting Friday the course will have regular business hours:
- Weekdays 6:30 a.m. – Dusk
- Weekends 5:45 a.m. – Dusk
- Constant cleaning and disinfecting throughout the clubhouse.
- The restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected every three hours.
- One person allowed in the clubhouse at a time.
- Golf carts will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer will be used before and after each transaction.
For more information, call Bunker Links at 309-344-1818.