MCDONOUGH CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — McDonough County is reporting its first death related to COVID-19.
The health department announced Friday a resident who tested positive for coronavirus this week died. The resident is a man in his 70s.
McDonough County currently has 18 confirmed cases, three patients which have recovered.
This news comes one day after the health department reported an outbreak at the Heartland Health Care Center in Macomb. The department is also reporting an outbreak at The Lamoine Assisted Living and Memory Care facility and the Mosaic residential facility.
County health staff said protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have been implemented and they are working to identify and actively monitor individuals who were in contact with the residents in an effort to reduce the risk of additional transmission.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported a total of 56,055 cases, including 2,457 deaths Friday. The state saw an increase of 3,137 new cases and 105 additional deaths Friday.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 18 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 229 negative, 47 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 8 positive, 111 negative, 8 pending
- Warren County: 71 positive, 130 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 143 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 47 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (25 recovered), 1 death, 1,065 negative, 111 pending