MCDONOUGH CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — McDonough County Health Department is reporting more than a half a dozen new coronavirus cases.
The health department announced seven new cases which includes:
- 1 female in her teens
- 1 female in her 20s
- 3 males in their 20s
- 1 female in her 50s
- 1 male in his 50s
This news comes one day after the McDonough County Health Department (MCHD) reported nine new cases.
Currently the county has 34 confirmed cases, three of which are recovered cases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a recovered case means the patient is without a fever-reducing medication for 72 hours, improvement of respiratory symptoms and at least seven days have past since symptoms first appeared.
Officials announced the county’s first death related to the virus Friday. A resident in his 70s died after testing positive for coronavirus earlier this week.
Health staff also reported three outbreaks at residential facilities in the county this week. The first one was announced Tuesday of an outbreak at The Lamoine Assisted Living and Memory Care center in Macomb. The following day, authorities said there was an outbreak at the Mosaic residential facility. Then Thursday, staff reported an outbreak at Heartland Health Care Center nursing home. Officials said an outbreak means there is at least one positive case at a facility and others have symptoms of the virus.
On top of the news over the past week, Western Illinois University confirmed its first student,who was living off campus, tested positive for COVID-19.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 34 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 257 negative, 62 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 9 positive (4 recovered) (1 hospitalized), 127 negative, 22 pending
- Warren County: 79 positive, 160 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 163 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 52 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 61,499 total coronavirus cases Sunday and 2,618 deaths. The state saw 2,994 new cases and 63 additional deaths Sunday.