HANCOCK CO., Ill (NEWS3) — Another west-central Illinois county is reporting additional COVID-19 cases Sunday.
The Hancock County Health Department (HCHD) said a man between the ages of 70 to 80 tested positive for the virus and is recovering at Memorial Hospital.
Health officials said they do not believe this case is related to any of the eight others in the county. In total, the county is reporting nine cases.
HCHD said it’s investigating all possible exposures and recent contact with the patient.
HCHD’s first confirmed COVID-19 case was reported April 8 after a resident in their 20s to 30s tested positive. Health officials said the county’s fourth case, a man in his 50s to 6os, was hospitalized outside of the county.
Memorial Hospital officials said it’s prepared to care for all COVID-19 patients and has enough personal protective equipment (PPE). The hospital set up a tent north of the Memorial Medical Clinic for patients who have blood work or nurse visits scheduled at clinic. Appointments are required for drive-up services.
The Illness Respiratory Clinic is also open to see patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
Patients are asked to contact the clinic at 217-357-0617 before coming to the clinic.
County health officials said in a press release, of the previous eight confirmed cases, four of them have recovered.
The health department and Memorial Hospital are reminding residents to take all safety precautions seriously and remember to wear your face covering anytime they are unable to maintain six feet from others, according to Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s order.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 34 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 257 negative, 62 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 9 positive (4 recovered) (1 hospitalized), 127 negative, 22 pending
- Warren County: 79 positive, 160 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 163 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 52 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 61,499 total coronavirus cases Sunday and 2,618 deaths. The state saw 2,994 new cases and 63 additional deaths Sunday.