KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Another local county is adding to its total number of coronavirus cases Sunday.
Knox County Health Department is reporting an additional case after a woman in her 50s tested positive.
The county announced three cases Saturday, which included a woman in her 20s, a man in his 50s and a woman in her 80s. A man in his 20s was the only case reported Friday. Knox County confirmed Thursday its first case of a baby girl contracting the virus, along with four other cases that day.
In the past seven days, authorities have only reported a handful or less of positive cases in the county of nearly 50,000 people.
“As the weather warms and residents want to gather outside, the Knox County Unified Command wants to remind residents that it is important to continue maintaining social distance, wear face-coverings, and avoid congregating in groups,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said.
Local health officials said 11 of the county’s 52 cases come from Hill Correctional Center in Galesburg.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 34 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 257 negative, 62 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 9 positive (4 recovered) (1 hospitalized), 127 negative, 22 pending
- Warren County: 79 positive, 160 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 163 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 52 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
A curbside coronavirus testing site is now open to the public at the Knox Community Health Center on W. Fremont St. in Galesburg. Appointments can only be arranged Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or wish to be tested can schedule an appointment by calling the health center at 309-344-2225.