MCDONOUGH CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — McDonough County is reporting its second death related to coronavirus.
The health department announced Tuesday a woman in her 90s who tested positive for the virus last week died.
Health officials also said three additional McDonough County residents have tested positive for coronavirus.
The new cases McDonough County Health Department is reporting includes:
- One female in her 20s
- One male in his 20s
- One male in his 70s
McDonough County currently has 39 confirmed cases, three patients which have recovered.
This second death comes one day after the county reported an outbreak at another Macomb residential facility.
The McDonough County Health Department said Monday its investigating an outbreak at a Macomb Edison Apartment building. This is one of four outbreaks the county has reported during the coronavirus pandemic. The other outbreaks are at Heartland Health Care Center, Lamoine Assisted Living Memory Care facility and Mosaic residential facility.
The county reported its first death Friday. A resident in his 70s died after testing positive for coronavirus earlier this week.
Within the past week, Western Illinois University confirmed its first student, who was living off campus, tested positive for COVID-19.
County health staff said protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have been implemented and they are working to identify and actively monitor individuals who were in contact with the residents in an effort to reduce the risk of additional transmission.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported a total of 65,962 cases, including 2,838 deaths Tuesday. The state saw an increase of 2,122 new cases and 176 additional deaths Tuesday.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 39 positive (3 recovered), 2 deaths, 350 negative, 57 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 10 positive, 140 negative, 14 pending
- Warren County: 71 positive, 174 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 180 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 57 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,411 negative, 111 pending