KNOX CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Another local county in west-central Illinois is reporting no new coronavirus cases Tuesday.
One day after Knox County reported a handful of confirmed cases, Tuesday the health department said there are none to report. It’s been one week since the last time officials did not report any new cases.
The same news came out of Warren County Tuesday where its health officials said they had no new positive cases, a day after having more than a half-dozen.
Knox County announced five cases Monday, bringing its total to 57. Warren County authorities reported seven new cases Monday, with a total now at 86. It’s unclear why both counties went without any new cases for a day as the state’s access to testing has increased and restrictions lessened.
The two counties do not release if any of their confirmed cases are hospitalized or how many tests are pending. No deaths have been announced in both areas.
“As the weather warms and residents want to gather outside, the Knox County Unified Command wants to remind residents that it is important to continue maintaining social distance, wear face-coverings, and avoid congregating in groups,” Knox County Health Department Public Health Administrator Michele Gabriel said.
Knox County launched a curbside coronavirus testing site last week for the public at the Knox Community Health Center on W. Fremont St. in Galesburg. Appointments can only be arranged Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or wish to be tested can schedule an appointment by calling the health center at 309-344-2225.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 39 positive (3 recovered), 2 deaths, 350 negative, 57 pending
- Schuyler County: 2 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 10 positive, 140 negative, 14 pending
- Warren County: 71 positive, 174 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 180 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 57 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,411 negative, unknown pending