KNOX CO., Ill (NEWS3) — Another county is adding more positive COVID-19 cases to its list after going a day with zero new cases.
The new cases Knox County Health Department is reporting includes:
- 1 male in his 80s
- 3 females in their 20s
- 1 male in his 30s
Knox County currently has 61 confirmed cases of coronavirus. The county reported no new cases Tuesday and five cases on Monday and three cases Saturday.
Public health officials said they are working to identify and monitor individuals who were in direct contact with these residents in an effort to reduce the risk of additional transmission.
“Everyone has a vital role to play in staying healthy and keeping others healthy,” Knox County Health officials said. “Continue implementing social distancing to limit the spread of the virus, stay at home as much as possible, and wear face-coverings when out in public. Be mindful of those who are at greater risk for contracting this virus.”
Knox County launched a curbside coronavirus testing site last week for the public at the Knox Community Health Center on W. Fremont St. in Galesburg. Appointments can only be arranged Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or wish to be tested can schedule an appointment by calling the health center at 309-344-2225.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 43 positive (4 recovered), 2 deaths, 403 negative, 87 pending
- Schuyler County: 2 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 10 positive, 141 negative, 23 pending
- Warren County: 89 positive, 182 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 180 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 61 positive, 290 negative, unknown pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (28 recovered), 1 death, 1,411 negative, unknown pending