WARREN CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — One day after Warren County reported zero new cases for the first time in more than two weeks, the county is reporting three new COVID-19 cases in a day.
The new cases Warren County Health Department is reporting includes:
- 1 female between the ages of 10-20
- 2 males between the ages of 40-60
Warren County currently has 89 confirmed cases of coronavirus.
The county reported no new cases Tuesday, seven new cases Monday, three new cases Sunday, five cases Saturday and nine cases Friday. It’s unknown if any of the recent cases are related to an outbreak at Smithfield Foods or due to an increase in COVID-19 testing state-wide. The pork-processing plant in Monmouth re-opened Saturday and all employees returned back to work Monday. The health department said on April 17, three employees at the plant tested positive for the virus. Two of those workers live in Rock Island County and the other is a Warren County resident. Health officials released new safety measures for Smithfield Foods Tuesday, which includes testing all employees.
Below is a list showing the surge of cases the county has reported since its first case April 10.
- April 10: First case reported
- April 12: Second case
- April 17: Employees at Smithfield Foods test positive; investigation launched into outbreak at plant
- April 18: Third and fourth cases
- April 19: County’s cases soar with 10 new cases; brings total to 14
- April 20: 15th case
- April 22: Four new cases; total at 19
- April 23: 13 new cases; overall cases jump to 32
- April 24: Six new cases; total rises to 38
- April 25: Seven new cases; total increases to 45
- April 26: Five new cases; county hits 50 positive cases
- April 27: Two new cases; total of 52; Smithfield Foods closed through May 1
- April 28: One new case; total of 53
- April 29: Four new cases; total at 57
- April 30: Five new cases; total at 62
- May 1: Nine new cases; total of 71
- May 2: Five new cases; total at 76; Smithfield Foods re-opened
- May 3: Three new cases; total of 79
- May 4: Seven new cases; total of 86
- May 5: No new cases
- May 6: Three new cases; total now of 89
The health department is asking anyone experiencing the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, loss of taste/smell, extreme fatigue, abdominal discomfort, headaches, and muscle aches, to stay home.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported a total of 65,962 cases, including 2,838 deaths Tuesday. The state saw an increase of 2,122 new cases and 176 additional deaths Tuesday.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 39 positive (3 recovered), 2 deaths, 350 negative, 57 pending
- Schuyler County: 2 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 10 positive, 141 negative, 23 pending
- Warren County: 89 positive, 182 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 180 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 56 positive, 290 negative, unknown pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (28 recovered), 1 death, 1,411 negative, unknown pending