HANCOCK CO., Ill (NEWS3) — Hancock County officials believe two new coronavirus cases they are reporting are connected to other positive cases.
The Hancock County Health Department (HCHD) said a female in her 50s to 60s and a female in her 10s to 20s are the county’s eleventh and twelfth cases.
Health officials said each resident is recovering at home and the cases appear to be related to other confirmed cases in the county.
HCHD said it’s investigating all possible exposures and recent contacts with the patients.
Staff said 5 of its 12 positive cases have recovered from the virus so far.
Officials said Memorial Hospital has set up a tent north of the Memorial Medical Clinic for patients who have blood work or nurse visits scheduled at clinic. Appointments are required for drive-up services.
The Illness Respiratory Clinic is also open to see patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
Patients are asked to contact the clinic at 217-357-0617 before coming to the clinic.
The health department and Memorial Hospital are reminding residents to take all safety precautions seriously and remember to wear your face covering anytime they are unable to maintain six feet from others, according to Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s order.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 46 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 453 negative, 87 pending
- Schuyler County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 12 positive (5 recovered) (1 hospitalized), 160 negative, 20 pending
- Warren County: 92 positive, 200 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 209 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 63 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 70,873 total coronavirus cases Thursday and 3,111 deaths. The state saw 2,641 new cases and 138 additional deaths Thursday.