WARREN CO., Ill (NEWS3) — Warren County is reporting additional cases of coronavirus Friday.
The Warren County Health Department said there are two new cases which includes:
- 1 male between the ages of 20-40
- 1 female between the ages of 40-60
Warren County has 94 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Health officials said most patients have experienced mild symptoms. The health department said they are working to identify, investigate and actively monitor individuals who were in close contact with the confirmed cases.
The county reported three new cases Thursday, three cases Wednesday, no new cases Tuesday, seven new cases Monday, three new cases Sunday and five cases Saturday. It’s unknown if any of the recent cases are related to an outbreak at Smithfield Foods or due to an increase in COVID-19 testing state-wide. The pork-processing plant in Monmouth re-opened Saturday and all employees returned back to work Monday. The health department said on April 17, three employees at the plant tested positive for the virus. Two of those workers live in Rock Island County and the other is a Warren County resident. Health officials released new safety measures for Smithfield Foods Tuesday, which includes testing all employees.
Below is a list showing the surge of cases the county has reported since its first case April 10.
- April 10: First case reported
- April 12: Second case
- April 17: Employees at Smithfield Foods test positive; investigation launched into outbreak at plant
- April 18: Third and fourth cases
- April 19: County’s cases soar with 10 new cases; brings total to 14
- April 20: 15th case
- April 22: Four new cases; total at 19
- April 23: 13 new cases; overall cases jump to 32
- April 24: Six new cases; total rises to 38
- April 25: Seven new cases; total increases to 45
- April 26: Five new cases; county hits 50 positive cases
- April 27: Two new cases; total of 52; Smithfield Foods closed through May 1
- April 28: One new case; total of 53
- April 29: Four new cases; total at 57
- April 30: Five new cases; total at 62
- May 1: Nine new cases; total of 71
- May 2: Five new cases; total at 76; Smithfield Foods re-opened
- May 3: Three new cases; total of 79
- May 4: Seven new cases; total of 86
- May 5: No new cases
- May 6: Three new cases; total of 89
- May 7: Three new cases; total of 92
- May 8: Two new cases; total now of 94
The health department is asking anyone experiencing the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, loss of taste/smell, extreme fatigue, abdominal discomfort, headaches, and muscle aches, to stay home.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 46 positive (3 recovered), 2 death, 453 negative, 87 pending
- Schuyler County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 12 positive (5 recovered) (1 hospitalized), 160 negative, 20 pending
- Warren County: 94 positive, 216 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 209 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 63 positive, 893 tests conducted
- Adams County: 40 positive (27 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 70,873 total coronavirus cases Thursday and 3,111 deaths. The state saw 2,641 new cases and 138 additional deaths Thursday.